A novel integration of psychiatry and sleep - our two most fundamental states of existence. Everything from minimal medication to transformative therapy, to improve every aspect of day and night.
We bring this all together to achieve:
Menlo Park Psychiatry and Sleep in the News:
Areas of Expertise:
- Bipolar Disorder
- ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (testing and treatment)
- Fatigue / Daytime Sleepiness
- Cognitive enhancement and optimization
- Problem-focused brief interpersonal therapy
- Performance optimization / coaching
Our work together:
- Psychopharmacology - cutting edge, effective and minimalist medical treatment
- Sleep Medicine - optimization of sleep, insomnia
- Therapy - goal directed, and problem focused, brief interpersonal therapy
- Access - readily available providers, easy access, with quick replies. We work closely and communicate regulary with your existing medical / care team (as requested)
- Experience - for more complex cases, we offer cutting edge treatment, including ketamine, and rTMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation)
Expertise in psychiatry and optimization of sleep, is applied to a naturalistic, and complete treatment plan that achieves the best possible outcomes. We maximize tools, and minimize meds, for effects that last.
What our patients are saying:
“I'm a different person. I sleep better. Tons of energy, great outlook, I don’t know how I can be any better.”
“I feel the best I've been in a long time. Like myself. Havent taken any anxiety meds for 6 days, haven’t had the need. More focused, more productive, and less chaotic."
"I have worked with at least three different psychiatrists over the past 10 years, and feel so fortunate to have come to see Dr. Alex Dimitriu. Through his caring and knowledgeable approach, he has helped me do better than I have in many many years. He is a very informed and intelligent clinician with extensive knowledge of psychiatric medication. Beyond this, he is a very caring and compassionate doctor who goes above and beyond his clinical role. He has helped me tremendously, and I will forever be grateful."
"The first thing that struck me was his extreme compassion, concern and how he immediately made me feel at ease. He LISTENED to me and my story; it seemed that he took it almost personally and he immediately went to work on my behalf. Within 1 hour, Dr. Dimitriu had accomplished more than my doctors at home had in the last few years."
"He actually listens and works WITH you to come up with solutions. Unlike other doctors, he never blamed me and I felt like he was my partner (albeit a much smarter partner) at all times. I now sleep 7 or 8 hours every night. He's also a warm person, easy to talk to, no big ego and has a great sense of humor."