Our ability to focus, learn, retain information and come up with effective solutions is a very essential part of functioning in a fast paced world, with many distractions. Lack of sleep, low mood, high anxiety are all factors that can keep us from performing at our best. Dr. Dimitriu's expertise in both psychiatry and sleep medicine allows for effective, multimodal solutions to make sure you prepare correctly, sleep well, feel emotionally and physically balanced - to perform at your very best.
- Performance Anxiety - Also known as "stage fright" is commonly seen in actors, performers, musicians and public speakers. It often comes on as an effect of having "all eyes on you" - and can limit professional and personal development, and present anywhere from the boardroom to the bedroom. Here's some common symptoms:
- Racing pulse and rapid breathing
- Dry mouth and tight throat
- Trembling hands, knees, lips, and voice
- Cold, sweaty hands
- Nausea and an uneasy feeling in your stomach
- Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) - We all have some ADHD. It makes us creative, helps us think outside the box, and gives us a stream of ideas to talk about at dinner. Too much and we are scattered, disorganized and ineffective. The consequences of untreated ADHD can impact our personal and professional lives - and are often a source of stress, anxiety, and even depression. There are many causes, and a variety of treatments for ADHD - ranging from medication to behavioral solutions.
In addition to regular office visits, Dr. Dimitriu also offers the Conner's Continuous Performance Test (CPT 3) for patients interested in having more in depth, numerical profile of the speed and accuracy of their reaction times, and how these change with interventions. Read more about the CPT3 here.
In all cases, the aim of treatment is to optimize all variables and bring you to the best possible position from which to succeed and excel.